Translate

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Cheese!!! More Please!

Almost all kids I've come across love pizza.So, wouldn't it be great if they found something similar in their lunch-boxes?!I just tried something new the other day to pack for my sons' tiffin.Since ,that's a million dollar question my friend! What to pack for your child's tiffin which they lick off quick in five minutes flat and rush to the playground. Because in my opinion,the big reason why they are bringing back there unfinished tiffin home and making you lose your sleep over it is because they don't want to spend all the little time they get in the recesses on eating their uninteresting , boring,tasteless tiffin. So,my experiment was this- I had bread,the regular loaf?! at home.And I had some shredded Mozzarella lying in the fridge from yesterday.Cildren love melted Pizza cheese.I was in a hurry,hadn't thought of what to pack for tiffin last night,it was time for the bus to arrive and kids were shuffling with their bags,water bottles,shoes and last minute hair-brush and stuff.I just grabbed the bread,cut its sides(you can choose not to do that),smeared toamto sauce on both sides (tomato sauce is a wonderful substitute for pizza sauce) and dredged it with a good fat layer of Mozzarella and qickly put in the mw oven while I moved on to see that the younger one's finished is milk and ready with his bag.All it takes is 5 minutes,better if you've thought of it before hand, like the night before ,and your version of the pizza is ready.(This is a very basic version,you can add any kind of topping to make it more interesting) The tiffin came back polished off nice and proper.You can pack it as it is.You can apply butter,dredge some Oregano or you can grill it to perfection if time permits you.Whatever! I take cues from my child's palate,preferences on food and stuff,so can you.Ofcourse its not always easy advisable to do that everytime because what they like and love in terms of food is usually not healthful ! But having said that,wherever one can make adjustments in one's menu for the day one should. I do and that keeps both my children and me happy!:) ,

No comments:

Post a Comment