Translate

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Okra Fritters !

Okras,LadyFingers or bhindi as we all know it,is a good old favorite amongst children.Any child you'd come across will definitely tell you that bhindi is her favorite vegetable.It has got superb qualities too.It helps greatly in digestive processes as it is fibrous and contains mucilage,a sticky substance which helps in cleansing liver and gall bladder. So,what you have to do is cut tiny hexagonal pieces of your okras, say for a 250 gm. add 2tbsps of gramflour,a tiny spoon of ginger garlic paste ,li'l cuminpowder,li'l turmeric powder,chilli powder if you like,acc to your kid's preference and add a bit of water to mix them all such that the okras get well smeared with gram flour or 'besan'. Heat the wok,in about two ladles of refined oil,heat it,put it on simmer and deep fry.Your crunchy okras are ready to serve.Kids love this dish.They like to take it to school.You can keep a parantha with it and pack a healthy meal for your child to school.Don't forget to sprinkle a bit of chaat masaalaa on top. The USP of my blog is children's food.You would find innumerable recipes under 'bhindi-besan fry' if you look for it on Google.And infact,I'll implore you to do just that because I can't compete with the articulateness of those recipe-writers.I may not even bother to talk about it if I'm not too impressed by it myself. What I'm doing here is listing down food items which work best for me and my children. You're getting it from the horse's mouth.There are times when I find there is a large gap between what I cook and what they'd like to eat,that's the usual sceanario and frankly, a lot of times I couldn't care less.But it still gets you worked up because finally you are the one reponsible for their growth and health in general. So.Bhindi it is,friends,not cut vertically but in tiny hexagonal shapes..it chews faster and they swallow better. Till next time Tada! (My camera ditched me at the last moment.I couldn't take a picture of my Okra-fry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment