Translate

Monday, November 2, 2020

Health is Tough !


Pure Protein


As planned, my boiled chicken was waiting for me in the refrigerator. I’d thought my breakfast would comprise of pure diced n sautéed chicken with some cucumber. 


  1. As preparation to the dish, all you need is some 4-5 cloves of crushed garlic, a green chilli, cilantro, a handful and ginger, about an inch , crushed. Lemon is mostly an additive in my preparations. 
    For some reason, a marble mortar n a pestle, this size always perks me up and gets me going!
    Personal quirk : What am I cooking with is as important as the thing that I am cooking.
     I’ve come to realise that if given the luxury of time, I work best with aesthetics, tools and a process in place. I love internalising.
     It gives me immense satisfaction! 

Ah! The butcher’s knife. My Dad’s favorite.The wooden chopping board and chicken, in all its beige glory!

A bit of a digression here!


This is Kylie Kwong. An Australian food show presenter. An expert in Cantonese cooking .I have been watching her shows off and on on TLC and she’s brilliant. She works like a sorceress in her kitchen and churns out magical delights! I love the way, more than anything else,how she works with her hands and kitchen tools. How she tears her herbs, puts pressure on the butcher’s knife and all the while explaining with so much of compassion for her audience and objectivity so you don’t miss a thing.You can almost feel like you are her guest for the evening and  invited to soak in all the aromatic ambience and the dishes she’s so carefully brewed and made to apparate..almost by magic!
Trivia: Cantonese cuisine is one of the 8  traditional cuisines,Chinese cuisine derives its inspiration from.

Back to our pure protein.



Let the chopped garlic, ginger, cilantro and chillies splutter in a bit of ghee.

Add diced chicken and fold in the herbs.. Let it turn a little crimson and crispy but not too much.






Accompany it with a plate of thinly sliced cucumber.and relish your protein joint ! 

Final thoughts. Pursuing mindful nutrition can be tough so do it with a lot of love and attention! ♥️

3 comments: